Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lots to be Thankful For...




We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. It was our first year to spend the whole day with just our little family. It was really nice, but we also missed having the big crowd with us this year! I have prepared Thanksgiving the last few years and thought I could use a break, but I couldn't NOT make our Thanksgiving a little bit festive-I really do enjoy cooking, decorating, and entertaining! Kim started the tradition which we have enjoyed now for many years of a SEES chocolate turkey on everyone's plate (which is usually eaten WITH the dinner instead of after-oh well). We also had our traditional turkey dinner complete with mom's special sweet potatoes which only Darin and I eat-lots of leftovers! We asked the kids what they were thankful for:Mitch-braces finally off, making the basketball team, and getting his driving permit. Tanner:sports. Austin-friends, BYU football, and the gym. Elyse-her grandparents, friends and her room. Nick-a family that adores him! And mom and dad are thankful for our health, Darin's job,great family with parents who are a great example through their missionary service, and the blessings of being members of the Church. We worry about many things at this time as far as his job and the struggling business, but just try to have faith that everything will work out eventually. Most importantly is our wonderful family and friends who are so great to show their love and concern for us-what would we do without it?!! We love you all!!!

3 comments:

Daynes Family said...

We celebrated our Thanksgiving with our little family too(even smaller family)! I tried to make it nice but just wasn't the same! I kept thinking about last year and how fun it was spending Thanksgiving with your family in Arizona! Everything looks perfect and I'm sure everything tasted delicious!

Sarah Lee said...

Leslie, your table looks beautiful. I'm thinking that I need some nicer things if I am ever going to host Thanksgiving.

We sure miss you guys and we are hoping that we can make a visit in the not to distant future.

Grandpa Rees said...

Your table is so beautiful and I loved the memories that it brings to mind of last year. And I love that you asked the kids what they were thankful for. I would love to see a nice big closeup of Mitch's smile!!! No more glitter, what a shame!
Grandma Rees